Sunday, December 29, 2019

Beautifying A Patio To Myles From Katie

Myles has a knack for seeing a space and seeing the potential of that space. He can take a boring old backyard and turn it into a beautiful place you would want to hang out in. So that is what I attempted to do for Elliot’s first grade class. They have a patio attached to their classroom where they spend part of their day writing or reading. So I did what Myles would have done and left it better than I found it. I took some old pallets and spray painted them and let the kids paint them. Then with Ben and another Dad’s help we mounted them on the wall. I added some lower planters made out of cinderblocks.  The kids painted those too. I added some pictures and a bird feeder and the kids planted bulbs and succulents. Now the kids have a nice inspiring place to learn and grow.

Before:



After


 Planting:






No comments:

Post a Comment