Monday, December 31, 2018

"5th Grade Party Fun"-To Lulu from Xoe

Can you see my circled in the back?
My mom volunteered to be the Room Mom for Spencer's school holiday party.  I told her I would love to help because I love Spencer and I love helping kids have fun. I knew Lulu (being Spencer's same age) would have loved if I helped with her school party.

For the party, we split the kids up into 4 groups with different games. I helped Mom set up, Xanthe and I helped her decorate (check out Xanthe's amazing snowflakes she made last minute because we hadn't brought any decorations) and then I ran the Candy Cane Relay Race Game.  It was so fun helping Spencer's friends and helping my mom and Spencer's teacher do some fun activities for his class. Also, see if you can spy the dad that dressed up as Buddy, the Elf.

Build the tallest Christmas tree with 100 green Solo cups
Spencer's group. His best friend is the one in green, Aidan.



ACTIVITY 2-Build the tallest Christmas tree with only straws and Play-Doh





See me in the back circled.  The woman to the right of me in the burgundy is Spencer's teacher, Ms. Zey.
ACTIVITY 3- Make a Jingle Bell Cup Toss/Snack Time (they had to tie a bell to the end of the yarn and then try to get the bell into the cup.  This was a fast activity so by the time they finished they could sit and eat their snack and also take their paper plates and draw a snowman with the plate on their head. I didn't get pictures of that.


ACTIVITY 4-Candy Cane Relay Races
HERE IS THE GAME I WAS DOING. Candy Cane Relay Races. They had to link the candy canes and go back and forth until all had gone... other ways were they had to carry them on their faces, and they had to put them between their knees.  It was a lot of fun. You can see my hand in the video timing them.


Merry Christmas Lulu! I know you would have had so much fun during this party! Maybe someday I can volunteer at your school.
Love, Xoe

No comments:

Post a Comment